home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Challenge #57 'County Fair' with Dies R Us!








Hello sweet friends! 
Welcome to a new challenge at Dies R US and I sure hope that your week has been good. Today's challenge takes us down to the county fair! So we want to see your projects showcasing anything you would see or do at the county fair or carnival! So here is what I created for this challenge.

 

My card is a standard A2 size on some white cardstock. The patterned paper panel with the coaster is from SEI paper company and the rest of the cardstock is from Stampin' Up. I used several dies today for this card.  I used the Frantic Stamper- Barnyard Chicken & Chick dies for the large and small chickens, the Precious Marieke- Milk Churn & Barrel for the barrel that the owl is standing on.... the Yvonne Creations- Christmas Owls for the cute little owl ... and last but not least, Amy Design- Road Signs for the wooden sign post. Each of these dies can all be found in the Dies R Us store HERE. I am not good with creating scene cards, still need some practice in that area but I am pleased with how this turned out. Normally I would never write on my cards but in this case, I knew I didn't have any stamps small enough that would be able to spell what I wanted the signs to say. I just decided to go ahead and write what I wanted as this card is going to a family member with a couple summer photos. The grass is a border die from MFT and I pushed some of the grass strands forward to give it a realistic look. The ice cream cone, cotton candy and balloon was cut out of the same pattern paper that I used for the background. The large chicken and the owl on the barrel are all popped up on some foam tape. To finish this card off, I used a bit of clear Spectrum Noir sparkle pen and gave some sparkle to the balloon, ice cream and cotton candy and added a few dots in some areas for interest. 
   

Well that is all I have for you today my friends. I appreciate you for taking time out of your day to visit me and see what I am up to. Please don't forget to stop by the Dies R US challenge blog to see what the rest of my design team sisters have created for you today. And make sure to link up your own project too! And for more inspiration, check out the Dies R US Inspiration blog . You will find yourself browsing for awhile. There are so many gorgeous projects that will surely inspire you and get your creative mojo flowing. Thanks again for stopping by!

Until next time, Enjoy life's blessings~


7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a darling card and fabulous scene! I love the big roller coaster in the background! The farm animals are super cute and yes, your grass looks so real! Love all the wonderful details and your writing of the sentiments are perfect! Great job on this my friend!
    I hope you are enjoying the beginning of fall. Well, at least it is here. We are having only temps in the 60's the past week! Real crisp in the mornings and cool during the days. It definitely is just around the corner for us!
    Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just Adorable!! I absolutely adore the fun scene!! The Christmas owl is so cute!! You did such an amazing job on showcasing the Dies R' US products.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is so fun!! I love the fair scene you've created!! The roller coaster is awesome and I love the animals, too!! Now I'm craving some pink cotton candy ;) Love this my friend!! So festive and fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun theme! Your card is delightful, Jo! Love looking at all the dies you used! Will have to put on my thinking cap for this one! I enjoy playing with my dies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so much fun to look at. I love the roller coaster background and how you layered all the fabulous die cuts. The animals are perfect for the design and adding the signs was brilliant. Fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so much fun to look at. I love the roller coaster background and how you layered all the fabulous die cuts. The animals are perfect for the design and adding the signs was brilliant. Fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card. I can imagine being at the local fairground. :D TFS

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~